St. Patrick’s Day where green is all around you. Originally a Roman Catholic feast day for the patron saint of Ireland, it has become one of the most anticipated holidays in America. Every year, we get to see a parade of green lined up on our streets. It is a day where we get to eat authentic Irish food which consists of cabbage and corned beef.
St, Patrick’s Day can be celebrated in many different ways and if you have an aging loved one at home, they might not be in the right shape to go out. Spending time with your aging loved ones especially on St. Patrick’s Day can lift their mood and provide them with an incentive to look forward to. Gather the whole family and see them smile and enjoy the good things in life.
Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick Day with your Aging Loved Ones
It is important that you include them in these activities as they might be feeling down or lonely. If you are thinking of ideas on how to celebrate this wonderful holiday with your aging loved ones then we have some tips for you.
- Make a huge St. Patrick’s Day breakfast feast: to start the day right, wake up early and surprised them with a huge breakfast. You can spread them out on the breakfast table or have them enjoy the meal on their bed. Try making it in the St. Patrick’s Day theme by dyeing the pancakes green and having green-colored desserst. A small gesture like this will surely boost their mood in the morning.
- Wear green as much as possible: be in theme on St. Patrick’s Day and let your loved ones join as well. If you are visiting them at their house or a living community, they will appreciate the effort that you put in.
- Turn on some festive songs: things might be a little bit monotonous at their place so liven it up with some festive St. Patrick’s Day music. Turn on the television to some Irish drama or maybe have your children learn a Celtic instrument and have them perform for your loved ones.
- Watch a movie with them: since it is a holiday, watching a movie set in Ireland is a great way to pass the time and enjoy their company.
- Cook for them a special St. Patrick’s dinner: a family feast can go a long way in improving their overall mood. Gather friends and family and make it a wonderful dinner extravaganza. Seeing the whole family together can make them realize that there is still so much to look forward to.
Choose to Stay with Us at Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe
We at Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe are dedicated to bringing many wonderful and exciting experiences to your loved ones. Our retirement community has some of the best amenities and daily activities that they can look out for. With our team members always on hand to provide them with the support they need, you can be sure that your loved ones are properly taken care of. Schedule a tour with us today!