As you age, you’re likely to reflect on any number of things including the following:
- What legacy will you leave behind?
- How will you be remembered?
- What has your life stood for?
- Has your life mattered?
If you feel like you’ve made a difference in this world, that’s a huge part of successful aging and retiring with peace of mind.
The Benefits of Legacy Planning
With legacy planning, you can…
- Experience more than just financial planning
- You’ll be documenting family history
- You will know you’re living with a purpose
- You can be better assured that generations younger than yourself will be able to recognize your experiences and values, and more
The Benefits of Legacy Planning
Everyone will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn while you spend time documenting your family history. As younger family members interview parents, grandparents, etc., an intergenerational activity will be experienced. Capture moments such as these on video to preserve them for future generations. Additionally, other family members can join you via Skype, Zoom, etc.
Let’s look at some of the questions you may want to explore while documenting your legacy. Among older members of your family, divide this list up for younger generations to inquire about.
- Compared to when you were young, how has the world changed most?
- Is there something you wish you could do over? Do you have any regrets?
- Who did you receive your best piece of advice from, and what was it?
- How much was mortgage or rent when you were a young adult?
- Was your first home away from home a house, apartment, etc.?
- Describe your wedding and how you met your spouse.
- Do you have any advice for the younger members of your family?
- In high school, what type of music did you listen to?
- Which television shows were your favorites?
- Did you have a television (or computer) and, if so, how old were you when you got your first one?
- Did you go to trade school or college?
- When you first started driving, how much did gas cost?
- When you were in high school, did you have a car?
- Where did you go on your first date?
Memories from Childhood
- What year were you born, and where?
- How many older and younger siblings did you have?
- What was your favorite summer vacation?
- What was your favorite holiday meal and how did you celebrate holidays?
- Did you receive an allowance for doing chores around the house?
- When growing up, did you have a pet?
- Who was your favorite teacher and what was your favorite subject?
Rather than keeping answers as compact as possible, the older generations answering these queries should feel free to expound on them. Tell a story if the mood strikes you. These are valuable parts of your legacy.
Retire With Peace Of Mind For Both You And Your Family
Though you’ll be living independently at our retirement community, it doesn’t mean that both you and your family don’t need a little peace of mind. Here, it can be provided through caring individuals, socialization, numerous activities, and more.
Remember, as well, that if you don’t feel like cooking, courtesy of our Sensations Dining program, three chef-prepared, nutritious, and delicious meals are available every day. This is only one of many amenities and programs offered at our retirement communities.
If you have any inquiries regarding sales and leasing, please phone us at 813-358-1747. All other questions can be referred to at 813-642-0860. You can also fill out our convenient online form to open the lines of communication. The best way to experience all we have to offer, however, is to schedule a tour>.
Please contact us today – we look forward to meeting you.