We’re Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Senior Living Memory Care
Here at Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe, we fully understand the many challenges and obstacles that people with dementia face. As such, when your loved one steps into our Memory Care community, we will do our utmost to support and guide them with a person-centered approach that’s been rated amongst the nation’s best.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
SHINE® makes use of a unique individualized approach to memory care that makes use of scientific principles in order to boost comprehension and engagement to ensure the best lifestyle quality for seniors with dementia and other similar memory-related conditions.
All of our professional staff undergo rigorous and specialized training to take care of patients with memory-related problems and will help chart a course of exploration for every resident that touches various important aspects of life. The SHINE® Memory Care program was designed to preserve and build on the affliction that has been taken away from them. From personalized care to quality meals, you can have peace of mind knowing that your loved ones are in safe hands here at Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe.
What Is the SHINE® Senior Living Memory Care Program?
Residents here at Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe enjoy a welcoming and friendly environment where there are restaurant-like dining rooms, top-notch activity centers, as well as plenty of commons areas that naturally cultivate friendships. People with dementia and other memory-related conditions deserve the most patient guidance and compassionate care, which you will find here at Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program provides the long-term care residents need in a supervised environment, along with assistance with daily activities, as well as monitoring of medications and the health of all residents. There are also many activities residents can take part in to stay engaged and have their lives filled with purpose and meaning.
Some of the advantages of our memory care community include our specially trained team members, who have undergone rigorous training in caretaking for seniors with memory-related conditions, As such, family members can have peace of mind knowing that their loved ones reside in a safe and secure environment. If you have been considering having your loved one enroll in a memory care program, then Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe will be the right choice for you.
The SHINE® Senior Living Memory Care Program
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
In our senior living community here in Venice, FL, we facilitate and understand the importance of the following:
- Encouraging participation in activities of daily living
- Celebrating every small success every step of the way
- Focusing on every individual’s strengths instead of limitations
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle with physical exercise, mental activities to stimulate the mind, as well as having constant social interaction.
Discover Dining Delights
- Assistance provided for dining whenever need
- Gourmet meals that are packed with nutrition to boost overall health
- “Food on the Run” program for residents that are unable to focus on their meals or have tendencies to wander around during mealtimes
- Quality dining experience in a peaceful and calm environment where residents can focus on their meals
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Activities geared for residents’ present activities
- Purposeful activities both individually and as a group
- Activities are non-competitive, age-appropriate, and also failure-free
- Activities that are ideal for the attention span of residents
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Actively participating in personal care activities help residents maintain a certain degree of independence and sense of control
- Productive and exciting activities that reward residents with a sense of personal success and self-worth
- Leisure activities that cultivate friendships and pleasure for a happier experience and a better quality of life
Contact Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe for Senior Living Today
Our SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes the following in our treatment plans:
- Constant training to ensure team members always perform at their best
- Superior communication between residents, families, and our staff
- Dining experience that stimulates appetite, participation, and interaction.
- A personalized “My Story” handbook for every resident
- Safe and secure neighborhood that makes daily life convenient
- Having health and happiness of residents as our focus
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our SHINE® Memory Care Program or to experience how a day is like for our residents, feel free to get in touch with our senior lifestyle counselors through our online form or simply give us a call at 941.216.2849 . Our team will always be more than happy to assist you with whatever you need. From there, you can also choose to schedule a tour to experience life here at Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe.