At Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons, we understand that you want the best care available for loved ones who may suffer from dementia.
Here, we provide close support and guidance to all residents who join our memory care community, using the nation’s very best person-centered approach.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
SHINE® uses a custom memory care approach that is unique for everyone, which incorporates scientific principles to facilitate comprehension, engagement and lifestyle quality for residents dealing with dementia. This includes memory-related conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease.
Our personnel include certified nurses and assistants that have specialized education in memory care diseases. They help to chart an exploration course for every resident here, touching on different spheres of life. From quality meals to personalized attention, you can have peace of mind trusting that your family members are in good hands and receiving the best care.
Learn more about our memory care program in Parkland, FL by reaching out to Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons today at 954-807-4046.
What Is a Memory Care Program?
A memory care program is designed to provide specialized care for seniors with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other kinds of memory issues. Here, residents receive care from medical professionals round the clock every day. Our experienced team has been trained specially to provide support and care for seniors living with dementia. As seniors age, some of them require more intensive care. For many, this is part of the process of getting older. At our SHINE® Memory Care community, your loved ones can receive the care they need.
SHINE® Memory Care at Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons
Our Memory Care program is founded on the following principles:
- Frequent and open communication with our residents and their families
- Extensive, continual training for all of our team members
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each of our residents
- A dining experience that stimulates the appetite, and at the same time enhances awareness, interaction, and participation skills
- A secure environment designed to enhance happiness and health
- A broad range of activities, ranging from tranquil moments to sensory experiences
We understand the unique challenges that individuals with memory issues face. In our memory care program in FL, we aim to rebuild and preserve what your loved one’s affliction has taken away from them. From quality meals and other amenities to the personalized care and attention that each of our patients receives, you can rest assured that your loved one is receiving the best care possible.
Discover Self-Esteem, Independence and Confidence
- Stimulating activities, physical exercise, and maintaining social and religious contacts
- Participation in everyday activities
- Putting emphasis on the residents’ strengths, instead of their limitations
- Celebrating small milestones frequently
Discover Dining Delights
- Active social participation in dining, providing any help required
- Healthy and delicious meals that support a healthy lifestyle
- A peaceful and tranquil dining environment and service that occurs at the same time daily, allowing residents to focus at mealtimes
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Activities that are customized to each resident’s abilities
- Activities driven by purpose in both small groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Games and activities that are appropriate for age, and are failure-free
- Opportunities designed with each resident’s attention span in mind
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Active support in activities that helps to foster a sense of self-reliance and independence
- Personal care activities that help to determine how a resident is perceived by their peers, family and friends
- Work activities and exercises to help improve self-esteem and allow seniors to assimilate
- Strengthening friendship bonds through play and leisure activities
Contact Us to Learn More About SHINE® Memory Care
For more information or to experience a day in the life of one of our residents, reach out to our senior living community at 954-807-4046. Our team can answer your questions, tell you more about program availability, and help you discover what residents love about Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons.