At Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons, we know that you want the highest quality care for your loved one suffering from dementia.
When your loved one enters our Memory Care community, we’ll guide and support them using a person-centered approach that’s rated among the nation’s very best.
Our SHINE® Memory Care curriculum has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. It’s a distinction shared by only eight memory care providers nationwide, and that’s a true testament to the quality of SHINE®
SHINE® is a uniquely personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related conditions.
Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for each resident that touches on various, important aspects of life. Our SHINE® Memory Care program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands and receiving the finest-quality care. You have our word on it.
Learn more about our memory care program in Parkland, FL by reaching out to Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons today at 954-807-4298.
What Is a Memory Care Program?
A memory care program is designed to provide specialized care for seniors with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other kinds of memory issues. In our safe, secure community, residents receive 24/7 care from nurses, certified nurse assistants and other medical professionals. Our team is specially trained to care for individuals with dementia and has years of experience. Many seniors need more intensive levels of care as they age. For many, this is part of the process of getting older. At our SHINE® Memory Care community, your loved one can receive the care they need.
SHINE® Memory Care at Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons
Our Memory Care program is founded on the following principles:
- Frequent and open communication with our residents and their families
- Extensive, continual training for all of our team members
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each of our residents
- A singular dining experience that stimulates the appetite, but also improves interaction, awareness and participation skills
- A broad range of activities, sensory experiences and quiet, relaxing moments
- A safe, secure environment designed with your loved one’s convenience, health and happiness in mind
We understand the unique challenges that individuals with memory issues face. In our memory care program in FL, we aim to rebuild and preserve what your loved one’s affliction has taken away from them. From quality meals and other amenities to the personalized care and attention that each of our patients receives, you can rest assured that your loved one is receiving the best care possible.
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
- Physical exercise, stimulating activities and maintaining social and religious contacts
- Focusing on residents’ strengths rather than on their limitations
- Active participation in the activities of daily life
- Regularly celebrating small successes as they come
Discover Dining Delights
- Healthy gourmet meals that promote an overall healthy lifestyle
- Active social participation in dining, providing assistance as needed
- A calm, peaceful dining environment and service at the same time each day, which allows residents to focus on eating
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Purpose-driven activities in both small groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Activities that are customized to each resident’s abilities
- Games and activities that are age-appropriate, non-competitive and failure-free
- Opportunities designed with each resident’s attention span in mind
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Active support in activities that helps to foster a sense of self-reliance and independence
- Personal care activities that help to determine how a resident is perceived by their peers, family and friends
- Work activities and productivity exercises that provide a sense of personal success and improved self-worth
- Play and leisure activities that promote friendship and fun
Contact Us to Learn More About SHINE® Memory Care
For more information or to experience a day in the life of one of our residents, reach out to our senior living community at 954-807-4298. Our team can answer your questions, tell you more about program availability, and help you discover what residents love about Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons.