Our Retirement Community is Nationally Recognized for Our Approach to Memory Care
At Aston Gardens, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. Upon entering our Memory Care community, we will support and guide your loved one using a proven approach that focuses on the person.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
Using science to improve lifestyle quality, comprehension, and engagement, SHINE® Memory Care is a customized memory care approach that is designed for your loved ones withAlzheimer’s Disease, dementia,and other memory-related diseases.
All our certified nurse assistants and nurses undergo continuous training and education in memory-related conditions. Our SHINE® Memory Care program canpreserve and rebuild the quality of life that has been taken away by the disease from affected patients. From personalized attention and care to nutritious meals, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your loved ones are receiving the best care available when they are with us.
What Is the SHINE® Memory Care Program?
At Aston Gardens At Tampa Bay, residents are exposed to a warm and friendly environment that is conducive to socialization among them. With plenty of amenities and common areas for residents to participate in activities together, it is easy for them to build friendships naturally. People with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia need guidance and compassion, which are provided by our experienced Memory Care staffwho will make sure they get the level of care necessary.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program is carefully designed to provide personalized long-term care for residents with unique needs. In a supervised environment, these residents can receive medical monitoring and help with daily living activities. In addition, a wide range of activities is always available so that residents remain active and engaged.
Memory care communities can bring about many benefits, including the peace of mind that comes with knowing your loved one is in a safe environment, opportunities for residents to socialize, and the assistance of professionally trained staff.
If you are considering a memory care program for a loved one, Aston Gardens At Tampa Bay provides outstanding care in our stylish, comfortable community.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
In our Tampa community, we understand the effects of the following:
- Helping to keep social contacts, stimulating mental activity, and promoting physical exercise
- Focusing on strengths instead of limitations
- Fostering active participation in all activities of daily living
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
Discover Dining Delights
- “Food on the Run” for residents who cannot focus on their meals
- Dining in a quiet and calm environment at a fixed time every day
- Active role in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Nutrient-dense gourmet meals promote overall good health
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
- Opportunities that match residents’ attention spans
- Activities that are age-appropriate, failure-free, and non-competitive
- Activities suitable for residents’ current abilities and time of day
- Purpose-driven activities on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
Discover Friendships and Belonging
- Recreational activities build friendships and increase pleasure
- Work or productive activities provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Personal care activities that define how a person is viewed by their friends, family, and peers
- Support and participation in personal care activities help maintain a sense of independence and control
Contact Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay’s Retirement Community Today
Our SHINE® Memory Care programs focus on these:
- Safe, secure neighborhoods created with your loved one’s convenience, health and happiness in mind
- One-on-one and group activities, sensory experiences, and quiet, relaxed moments
- A dining experience that uses scientific principles to stimulate awareness,participation, appetite, and interaction
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each resident
- Extensive training for our team members
- Superior communication with residents and families
To find out more about our SHINE® Memory Care Program and try out “A Day in the Life” of our residents, feel free to reach out to us by calling us at 813.336.2114 or filling in our online form. We would be glad to discuss your loved one’s unique lifestyle needs. Schedule a tour with us to check out our facilities and ask us questions.